Tuesday 10 December 2013

Culture Presentation

Culture
 
Dear Parents,
 
This Friday, 13th,  children from our class will give a short presentation about their culture.  The topic areas are:
 
 PLACE, BELIEFS, FOOD, CELEBRATIONS/TRADITIONS and FAMILY LIFE. 
 
The presentations will be presented as a power point.  The students have been practicing in class what they will say.  We have been using small cards with KEY words on it to help the children remember what to say.  Could you please listen to your child present at home tonight and Thursday night?  I will attach a checklist to use as a guide.  The children are aware of this list.
 
There will be 5 or 6 students presenting at the same time (4 total groups) – this means the rest of the students and parents will be the audience for these children.  We will then change the  presenting group.
 
Group 1 – Jeremy, Cordelia, Cindy, Tulio, and Farrah
 
Group 2 – Trent, Cailey, Paul, Ethan, and Karen
 
Group 3 – Ashley, Yuzo, Andrew, Derek, Marvin, and Adele
 
Group 4 – Matthew, Benjamin, Amber T, Chloe, Amber W, and Ingrid
 
The presentation will begin at 1:00 and conclude at about 2:00.  Some parents have asked how they can help.  Both ways are only optional.  Please do not feel any pressure.
 
1.        Your child could wear their traditional clothes on this day.
2.       You could bring in a small plate of some traditional food from your culture.
 
Again, this is not necessary but if you would like to, or have the time, it might be nice.
 
Kind regards,
 
Marcus Wolak
 
Name ___________________________
Cultural Project Practice Checklist below:
Skill
3 – I did it!
2 – need more practice
1 – I forgot!
I made eye contact with my audience
 
 
 
 
 
I spoke slowly and clearly so people could understand
 
 
 
 
 
I spoke loud enough so my audience can hear me
 
 
 
Make sure audience can see my presentation
 
 
 
 
 
Smile so my audience knows I am enjoying my presentation
 
 
 
Focus on what I am saying
 
 
 
 
 
Ask for questions?